Terms of Service
24/7 RoadServices Australia Pty Ltd (24/7) MEMBERSHIP TERMS & CONDITIONS
1.1 24/7 will provide the member with roadside assistance Australia wide. Membership may be registered under the name of an individual, company or an organisation. The membership will apply to the vehicle, which must be currently registered.
1.2 Member services/benefits will become effective two (2) business days after the receipt of payment. Membership/s must be paid for and current to obtain any services or benefits.
1.3 Should you replace your vehicle, your membership is transferable. In order to organise the transfer, you must contact 24/7 during business hours within 7 days of vehicle changeover occurring. Transfer will become effective two working days after notification is received by 24/7.
1.4 All fees paid to 24/7 (including membership fees, administration fees, service fees) are non-refundable.
1.5 Service will not be provided to a member who in our view is abusive, threatening or violent to any 24/7 staff member or contractor, or a member who attempts to receive service by deception. Should a member behave in this way we may, after investigation;
- Suspend or limit services to the member
- Impose service fees for further service requests
- Void the membership
1.6 Any changes to the vehicle registration number or change of address must be reported to 24/7 during business hours, within 7 Days of the change occurring.
1.7 When requesting roadside assistance, you must provide the correct vehicle details and the exact location of the vehicle. All services will be at your expense if we are not able to confirm your membership.
1.8 Roadside assistance is only available on any sealed or designated road that the service provider deems to be safe. Roadside assistance is only provided where the weight of the vehicle is less than 3.5 tonne gross and the length of the vehicle is less than 5.5 metres.
1.9 Towing will be provided for all vehicles which do not exceed 3.5 tonne and 5.5 metres, provided that the tow can be made with standard towing equipment and such equipment is available. Towing will be provided using the most appropriate equipment available (such as lift-tow or flat-top truck) as determined by 24/7. Should specialised towing equipment or personnel be required (such as power winches, extended cables or hydraulic vehicle moving jack dollies etc.) this service will be at the driver/member's expense - payable upon request of service.
1.10 Any charges for batteries, excess towing, salvage, emergency fuel, locksmiths, holding yards and toll costs at the time of service, are payable by the member at the time of service. Failure to pay any of these charges will void your membership.
1.11 We will not authorise or pay for any service performed/carried out prior to the commencement date of the membership.
1.12 If you are not in attendance with your vehicle at the time when the service provider arrives, the service cannot be performed and one call-out will be deducted from the member's call-outs. Further call-outs related to the same breakdown will be considered a separate call-out.
1.13 Roadside assistance is provided in the event of an unexpected mechanical breakdown. It does not cover vehicle maintenance or permanent repairs. Temporary repairs may be made at the request of the member/driver to mobilise the vehicle (where possible). However, regular maintenance or any mechanical repairs (major or otherwise) is the member’s responsibility and will be at the member's expense.
1.14 We will attempt to transport all passengers with the vehicle, provided that each person can be legally transported in the tow truck. In the event that we are unable to transport all passengers, alternative transport must be organised at the member’s expense.
1.15 24/7 is an emergency roadside service only. Therefore, Roadside Assistance services and/or towing benefits do not apply for;
- A vehicle that we deem to be un-roadworthy and/or unregistered
- A vehicle at a motor vehicle repairer
- A vehicle that is partly or fully dismantled or on which repairs have been attempted by anyone (including a licensed motor vehicle mechanic) or has a pre-existing failure or breakdown
- A vehicle where the tow has not been arranged by us
- A vehicle that has been involved in or suffered damage as a consequence of an accident, flood, theft, fire or malicious damage
- A vehicle which has been modified in ways that in our view increase the possibility of it sustaining damage during towing, or in ways that make damage-free towing difficult, unless such modifications are removed prior to towing. This includes modified or factory released accessories
- A vehicle which has been driven or transported to any licensed motor vehicle repairer
- Any parts, labour or other costs related with the repair of a vehicle;
- Any financial loss or liability, however sustained, occurring from or in any way connected with a breakdown or accident
- Any freight costs (including sea crossings)
- Transportation of a damaged vehicle
- Any costs related to making arrangements for pets and animals
- A vehicle that has been driven against our instruction or the instruction of a licensed motor vehicle repairer
- A vehicle that has been transported to a holding or shipment facility
- A vehicle that has been used in a car rally or motor race
1.16 In the event the member insists the vehicle be broken into, to recover keys locked inside the vehicle, no responsibility or liability is taken by 24/7 or its contractors for any damage to your vehicle that may occur as a result. Due to contractor limitations, this service may not be available in all cases.
1.17 If a member makes use of all the service call-outs in a membership term, the membership will be deemed void. To receive further roadside assistance, you will be required to pay a service fee by credit card at the time of the call for each additional service request, or take out a new policy. Unused call-outs will not be carried forward. Four and five star plans have no call-out limits, subject to Section 1.18 below.
1.18 If a member has received and continues to request roadside assistance or towing for a vehicle repeatedly on an unjust and excessive number of instances in a year, we may refuse to provide further roadside assistance or towing and will then offer an alternative service at the member’s expense – payable upon request of service.
1.19 Limits of liability per yearly membership for each protection plan:
- “3 Star” four (4) call-outs per year
- “4 Star” unlimited call-outs subject to excessive use (Section 1.18)
- “5 Star” unlimited call-outs subject to excessive use (Section 1.18)
1.20 24/7 reserves the right to amend prices and inclusions of policies without prior notice.
1.21 24/7 does not cover breakdowns caused by conditions that existed prior to the commencement of membership. Any failure that occurred prior to the commencement of your membership will be at the member's expense and payable at the time the service is provided.
1.22 To clarify the definition of metro/regional and rural/country areas contact please contact 24/7.
Australian Consumer Law
Our Services come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law.
For major failures with the service, you are entitled to:
- Cancel your service with us; and
- A refund for the unused portion, or to compensation for its reduced value.
You are also entitled for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. If the failure does not amount to a major failure you are entitled to have problems with the service rectified in a reasonable time, and if this is not done, to cancel your service and obtain a refund for the unused portion of the service agreement.